Sunday 1 April 2018

Sakura in full bloom: The first training of April

Here are some images from training today. 

Kata training included the four SENTEI-GATA (Bassai-Dai, Kanku-Dai, Enpi and Jion), which I am now revising based on older versions here in Japan (to improve effectiveness in self-defence). Also, Sochin, Seiryu and the opening of Unsu, which I will not detail here.

Practice also included 'timing training' with kihon ukewaza and choku-zuki 'reactivity'.

The beauty of today was the presence of sakura in full bloom.

Osu, André






Andre Bertel (6th Dan): "Karate in my last few years, in my 40s, has allowed me to better understand what was passed on to me. My goal now is to continue improving myself through daily training and to hand on my teachers karate in its purest form".




No comments: