Tuesday 9 June 2009

New Hirota Dogi

Based on my experience of simultaneously having both a Hirota ‘Ichi-roku-san’ (#163) and a ‘Pinak Kata’, I decided to return to the Pinak Kata. The new dogi arrived on the weekend, so I thought I’d share the reasons for my preference.

For a past articles on both of these karate uniforms please click on the following links: http://andrebertel.blogspot.com/2008/09/hirota-163-dogi.html and http://andrebertel.blogspot.com/2008/03/pinak-kata-dogi.html

Why I prefer the Hirota Pinak Kata… I’m going to make this as brief and honest and possible… (1) The Pinak Kata hangs better, and it doesn’t distort your form. (2) Is lighter, more comfortable and never restricts your rapid movement. And (3) dries faster and is easier to care for.

Of course, everything stated here is nothing more than my opinion, based on my experiences, and what I want from a custom-made karate suit. Regardless, both of these do-gi are superb, therefore, karateka will prefer one over the other, most probably based on 'weight preference'.
All the very best from Western Japan.
________
© André Bertel, Japan (2009).

No comments: